Our experience in commercial dispute resolution
- Acting in arbitration for a property investment company in recovering indemnified sums amounting to US$5 million wrongfully withheld by insurers and involving issues of US and UK aviation law.
- Acting for an employer under a building contract in a dispute involving breach of contract by the engineer and professional negligence of the architect during the design of a large retail centre. Quantum for the dispute was circa £400,000 and complexities included advising on insurance provisions and dealing with liquidators.
Contractual and commercial disputes
- Representing a leading landfill operator in a £14 million contractual and leasehold property forfeiture dispute involving disputes with the Environment Agency relating to landfill site management and site licence compliance.
- Acting for a large marketing agency in a dispute with a high street retailer concerning termination of a substantial advertising contract. Successfully negotiating a settlement in pre-action correspondence.
Injunctions & urgent remedies
- Representing a computer software company in relation to proceedings over the fraudulent transfer of sums totalling £33 million from its bank accounts, which was the subject of an investigation by the Serious Fraud Office.
- Acting for a large multinational company in successfully restraining the use of its confidential information by a former employee and a competitor company. The defendants submitted to an injunction and agreed to pay our client’s costs.
- Representing an international company in a claim concerning non-delivery of circa £150,000 of stock as well as advising on insolvency procedures.
- Advising a multinational group on the completion of its worldwide debt restructuring.
- Acting for a music publishing company in a claim brought by a composer for breach of copyright and unpaid royalties.
- Advising a luxury beauty brand in relation to grey market imports and trademark infringement.