Our experience of advising directors
- Settling a claim for unfair prejudice against minority shareholders in a family owned property company by negotiating the buyout of the majority shareholders by the minority.
- Successfully acted for a minority shareholder in relation to breach of fiduciary duty by majority shareholders.
- Advised on the restructuring of a corporate group with 160 companies. The project involved well over 1,000 completion documents.
- Advised on the demerger of non-core trading companies from a property investment group which involved detailed negotiations with the shareholders group comprising over 80 individuals.
- Advising on various strategies to identify, trace and remove lost or missing shareholders.
- Advising directors on identifying and managing trading and operational risk.
- Drafting and negotiating directors’ service and incentive agreements.
- Dealing with rights issues and the reclassification of share capital.
- Undertaking ‘house-keeping’ or ‘grooming’ exercises to prepare a company for a prospective sale.