Our employment law experience
- Successfully assisting an international retailer in its defence of a whistle blowing and unfair dismissal claim in excess of £750,000 brought by the former Managing Director of the UK subsidiary.
- Acting in the successful defence of a claim for damages for breach of contract and compensation for unfair dismissal in excess of £500,000 made by a former director who had been dismissed for gross misconduct.
- Acting for an international business in its successful defence of a sex discrimination claim in which the key issue was the alleged less favourable treatment of the claimant during pregnancy and maternity leave.
- Supporting the UK subsidiary of an international electronics company on the closure of its UK operations and the redundancy of its employees.
- Advising an international automobile component manufacturer about redundancies and redeployment following a decision to close its UK site following the transfer of its main customer’s operations to Turkey including assisting with negotiations with the unions.
- Acting for the management team of an international company going into administration and advising about the TUPE issues arising out of a pre-pack sale.
- Advising an international media company on a complex long term sickness issue and achieving a settlement of a claim under its PHI Scheme.
- Advising on the closure of a further education college and the transfer of their staff to two new providers.
- Advising a major broking house on injunction proceedings against two former senior executives.