Our intellectual property experience
- Provided in-depth assistance in relation to the identification of IP which resides in the CRM and web platform for a global serviced apartments internet business and have assisted in taking all steps required to ensure that such IP is transferred to and owned by the correct part of the group.
- Acted for an exciting wave power technology business in helping them formulate and execute their commercialisation strategy for their patented technology in the renewable energy sector.
- Advised a well-known media company in relation to distribution agreements, prize competitions and advertising arrangements all of which contain intellectual property complexities which require careful management for the client in order to ensure the protection of their brand and the brands of their licensors.
- Advising a software house on the strategic restructuring of the group as it expands into Australia and Ireland, with specific focus on how the intellectual property in the online software platform (which supports novel electronic gift-card products) is to be held and insulated from trading risk in different jurisdictions.
- On behalf of a business owner of several valuable environmental technology patents we defended claims of co-inventorship from a commercial partner who had alerted our client to a commercial opportunity for the application of its existing patented oxygenation technology. The claimed co-inventorship was in respect of a new patent application filed by our client in relation to the new application of our client’s existing technology.
- Advising a well-known UK internet business in connection with their trade mark portfolio, in particular in connection with their valuable trade mark used in conjunction with their core business which has recently undergone close scrutiny by a high profile competitor.
- Advised a fresh produce brand marketing specialist and the UK’s master licensor for leading fresh produce brands. Worked with them in relation to sponsorship agreements, brand protection and licensing issues. Helped them with the annual license renewals for authorised licensees and with their relationship with the head licensors.
- Advised a large soft fruit supplier in relation to propagation and growers licenses which involved using our knowledge of plant variety rights.