Our planning & environment experience
- Acting for Wates Homes Ltd and Martin Grant Homes Ltd in developing a new planning gain (section 106 agreement) mechanism to ensure developer contributions for a 600 home neighbourhood in Horley, Surrey. This was recognised in a document by Department for Communities and Local Government as a beacon of good practice and the way forward.
- Advising Berkeley Homes (Eastern) Ltd in negotiating with the Highways Agency and Kent County Council on highways agreements to provide for works to the M20 motorway to facilitate the development of a redundant quarry for 1,000 homes.
- Acting for Plc housebuilders in securing section 106 variation agreements to make major savings in terms of education contributions and affordable housing provision.
- Running a successful appeal at inquiry for GLN (Copenhagen) Southern Ltd in relation to obtaining planning consent for a large mixed use town centre re-development incorporating retail (over 7,000m²), leisure and residential uses.
- Acting for the successful applicant in a judicial review overturning the grant by Surrey County Council of planning permission for a large development in the Green Belt.
- Advising Persimmon and Barratt group companies on a development of over 1,200 dwellings as part of a mixed-use urban extension near Dover.
- Bringing a successful judicial review acting for a private individual, overturning planning permission for a major food store.