Our regulatory experience
- Representing individuals, employees and directors during interviews under caution in connection with health and safety, environmental and other regulatory offences.
- Advising companies served with Improvement and Prohibition Notices under the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974, to include providing advice and representation in connection with any appeal.
- Advising a building company in connection with a Health and Safety Executive investigation following an accident at work.
- Representing clients charged with health and safety, environmental and other regulatory offences before the magistrates’ court and crown court.
- Advising a utility company in connection with a major water pollution event affecting a large residential area.
- Advising a client in connection with proceedings under the Control of Major Accident Hazards Regulations 1999, the Health and Safety at Work etc Act 1974 and the Environment Permitting (England & Wales) Regulations 2010 resulting from a fire at a chemicals factory.
- Advising upon a claim for loss and damage caused by a substantial flooding incident.
- Advising a major building company in connection with a prosecution resulting from the felling of trees subject to a Tree Preservation Order.