Knowledge Manager (Senior Associate)
I am a qualified solicitor and part of the information and research services team.
Legal research is a focal part of my role whether I am carrying out research for my colleagues or training others how to approach research tasks or use the online resources we subscribe to. I enjoy the challenge of tricky research queries and the best enquiries for me begin with: “I’ve looked everywhere but can’t find anything on this.”
Colleagues come to me because I am calm and approachable and will provide an answer quickly and efficiently with minimal fuss. One of the best compliments I’ve received was “Annabel was particularly praised for reviving flagging interest by making topics come alive with points of interest and humour”.
Recent articles I've written:
- Hosting speakers and debates at UK universities
- Community interest companies now able to convert into charitable incorporated organisations
- Court of Appeal decision about the duties of members of charitable companies
- Charities: when does a campaign become political activity and why does it matter?
- Lessons to be learned for the charity sector from the Oxfam (and other) scandals
- New safeguarding strategy published by the Charity Commission
- The legal status of full-time volunteers
- The new Charity Governance Code and why it's important
- Charities – are you up to speed with the Fundraising Preference Service?