I advise house builders and landowners on residential development projects, using my experience gained working in-house for major companies.
I enjoy sharing my expertise and experience with clients and colleagues. I believe understanding the issues from the clients’ perspective is key to identifying problems and finding the right solution , if you know where you need to get to you can work out the route.
I get a huge reward from seeing young lawyers in our team growing their skills and confidence, hopefully the practical and technical knowledge I can pass on will help.
A colleague paid me the following compliment: ‘Great leadership skill, strategic vision, thinks outside the box’.
Recent articles I've written:
- Collateral warranties - just when you thought it was safe to go in the water again ...
- Public procurement and development agreements
- Opportunity or threat for construction after Brexit?
- They're coming home
- Settling claims: beware the pitfalls
- Architects' professional negligence
- Fitness for Purpose
- Excluding a Consultant’s Liability for Negligence
- Building Information Modelling
- Public Procurement
- Settling Construction Disputes
- Alleged Negligence of Quantity Surveyors in Building Dispute
- Land Development and Disposal Plan
- Society of Construction Law Annual Lunch
- The Facts of Life
- Reasons for optimism?
- Are final certificates final?
- Incontrovertible, irrefutable, unquestionable, undeniable, indisputable – but is it conclusive?
- A Bonanza for the Construction Industry?
- Defective premises: A reminder to contractors
- Escrow accounts
- Caught in the net
- A Guide to PI Insurance