As a managing associate in the family team, I specialise in all aspects of divorce and private family law, including the financial consequences of relationship breakdown and difficult issues involving children.
My role enables me to help and provide support to people through this often emotionally difficult time in their lives. I strive to take a conciliatory and constructive approach to lessen the impact of the life changing matters.
A client has commented: “I was struck by the amazing organisation and tenacity that Claire’s work shows. I am astonished at Claire’s attention to detail, efficiency (on time and costs), creativity and the way she acts immediately when a deadline has to be met by us or the other side has allowed to pass. I can only describe Claire’s work on my case as faultless”.
Defended and undefended divorces
Financial remedy proceedings including applications under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989
Injunction proceedings including non-molestation and occupation orders
Children Act proceedings
Qualifications & membershipsResolution
Recent articles I've written:
- Beware: Tax traps on separation and divorce
- Financial provision for children of a ‘common law’ marriage
- Cohabitants are the fastest growing family type
- What do I need to think about when working out a financial settlement?
- Dividing your assets
- Step-parents’ rights on divorce
- Will our assets be divided equally when we divorce?
- When should you review or vary a nuptial agreement?
- Which is better – a pre-nup or a post-nup?
- Could nuptial agreements be on the rise for the over 65s?
- Questions about nuptial agreements
- Civil partnerships for all?
- Government rejects plans to reform divorce law
- Are public divorce hearings the way forward?
- What rights and obligations do step-parents have on divorce?
- What happens if, following divorce, your ex won’t collect their things?