I work within the corporate team advising our clients on a full range of commercial tax issues.
Whilst tax affects the bottom line, it is a game of words not numbers. Every year brings a raft of new legislation; and the pace shows no sign of slowing. My job is to stay abreast of the complex rules in this fast-moving landscape; to help our clients make use of available reliefs and incentives; to advise on tax effective routes to achieve commercial ends, and to spot and manage tax difficulties at an early stage in a transaction. With nearly 20 years’ experience in this field I have built up the technical knowledge and experience required to identify issues quickly and think creatively about solutions.
Recent articles I've written:
- Time to take a second look at the Transfer Pricing model for IP Portfolios?
- Have you lost your Entrepreneurs' Relief?
- Autumn Budget 2018: Headlines for SMEs
- Guidance note for EIS and SEIS
- Share and Share Alike – Do's and Don'ts in ensuring your Founder Shares and Incentive Shares are Tax Efficient
- Consultation document heralds a reform to the taxation of contractors working through personal service companies