I am an associate in Cripps’ commercial dispute resolution team. I advise individuals and businesses on contentious matters and conduct litigation on their behalf.
I am experienced in court proceedings in the County Courts and the High Court, and have represented clients at trials in both of these arenas. I always aim to give clients coherent, commercial, honest advice which allows them to make informed decisions on how to resolve disputes. This often includes pragmatic commercial advice on how best to avoid the potentially high legal costs incidental to court proceedings, wherever that might be possible.
I also advise clients on personal, commercial, and corporate issues which have the potential to cause them difficulties. In guiding people through the range of legal and practical consequences of various courses of action (and inaction), I do not just advise clients on resolving disputes that have already arisen – many of my clients seek advice on how to avoid disputes arising in the first place.
Whether the advice is how to avoid future disputes, how to enforce legal rights, or defend a legal claim, I take great satisfaction in helping people to navigate their way to a successful outcome.
After representing one client all the way through to a trial I was once told: “it has, genuinely, been a pleasure working with you”.
- General commercial litigation
- Contract termination and contractual claims
- Data Protection
- Company Restoration
- Corporate advice
- Debt recovery
Recent articles I've written:
- English courts seek to maintain international custom post-Brexit
- Guidance note for consumer rights
- A legal Battle Royale: World’s most popular video game sued for copyright infringement
- Service of documents by email – follow the court rules
- Guidance note for instructing solicitors for small claims
- Government announces review of law in preparation for driverless cars
- Company strike off and dissolution: beware the pitfalls
- Consequences of breaching the GDPR
- Will the European Court of Justice still have power over the UK post-Brexit?
- Football and movie streaming injunctions? Copyright enforcement catches up to the internet age
- Can I record meetings or conversations secretly or without obtaining consent?
- Court of Appeal sets some limits on requirement to comply with Subject Access Requests
- Giving notice of intention to appoint administrators – case update
- Ransomware: Don’t be held hostage to your contractual obligations
- Ransomware: using contractual terms to protect yourself from the consequences
- Should my contracts have “Brexit clauses”?
- “Brexit means Brexit”: But does Brexit mean we have to worry about GDPR?
- Is your personal data being used to influence your vote?
- Charities in the dog house
- EU “Freezing Orders” available from 18 January 2017
- Big Brother is watching you… and would like to quote for car insurance
- Trainee Days - Specialist Disputes (March 2016)
- Trainee Days - Commercial Disputes (February 2016)