I am a commercial lawyer who resolves legal disputes for individuals and companies. My particular expertise is in relation to Intellectual Property (IP) and Defamation disputes.
Working for an electronics company in Hong Kong before becoming a lawyer has given me a valuable insight into how a business operates in practice; and how technology and IP is developed, protected and exploited. I continue to apply that experience and straightforward approach when working with clients.
With regard to IP, I have specific experience in high value software disputes, as well as advising on for example, copyright and performance rights in film and the enforcement of registered IP rights for international design, fashion and cosmetic brands. I represent clients in the High Court and Intellectual Property Enterprise Court.
I also have experience of acting in Defamation and Privacy cases, including representing a well-known public figure in the high-profile 2012 Levinson Enquiry into phone hacking and its associated court proceedings.
- Intellectual property
- Copyright (image and performance rights) claims
- Trade Mark disputes (including Cybersquatting)
- Brand protection, including Passing Off claims
- Design Right and Registered Design disputes
- Software and Database Rights disputes
- Slander and Libel (including social media take-down procedures)