Our experience in affordable housing
- Advising on the acquisition under a golden brick contract of 27 freehold dwellings for rent and shared ownership sale over seven development phases including: negotiation of acquisition and development agreement; negotiation of forms of lease of garages leased back to developer; negotiation of form of rentcharge deed with adjoining owner; and advising on the terms of the planning and section 106 agreement and associated obligations required from the developer to ensure protection for our client.
- Negotiation of acquisition and development agreement, grant funding agreement, planning agreement, nominations agreement and costs agreement relating to a substantial extra care scheme.
- Advising on the acquisition under a golden brick contract from a major house builder of over 40 senior living units on a stand-alone site forming part of a redevelopment of a former hospital site. Negotiation of development agreement and parent company guarantee. Advising on terms of the planning permission and section 106 agreement including required variation of the section 106 agreement.
- Acting on site set up and infrastructure agreements together with shared ownership and private plot sales on a major regeneration of an existing housing estate including the erection of over 250 plots over four phases.
- Advising in connection with a substantial, long-running and complex housing scheme over railway tunnels, involving escrow account and other procedures to protect the client pending construction of the structures, golden brick VAT arrangements, a complex title, long leasehold arrangements and professional appointments and warranties.
- Acting in the negotiation of an innovative funding agreement and security documents with a council in relation to the purchase and regeneration by our client of a substantial number of properties.