Our experience in food & drink
- Advised a number of high profile food businesses in relation to structuring and the re-organisation of their corporate groups. One re-organisation we dealt with last year involved a global group of over 180 companies where changes were required in response to changes made by the EU Commission in relation to food quotas. Advised on the strategy and provided the transactional documents required to reorganise 187 companies into 65 groups of between three and six companies.
- Acted for a prominent fruit supplier on the restructuring of its group via a solvent section 110 Insolvency Act reorganisation and non-statutory demerger. The team worked closely with the key stakeholders in the business and its reporting accountants to understand their objectives and then structure and implement the restructuring plan.
- Work with a household name food manufacturer and distributor in connection with a variety of transactions including the acquisition of new businesses as their brand continues to grow and develop. One of our commercial lawyers is working closely with them on secondment to assist with their day to day commercial needs. This is something that we often do for our larger corporate clients as a way of helping them manage their internal workload without needing to further extend their in-house resource.
- Worked with a number of restaurants in structuring their business operations and managing their brands. Advising two separate restaurant groups in connection with the franchise of their businesses to a number of foreign jurisdictions. We work closely with our clients in relation to the protection of their brands and help them to structure their businesses in such a way that they can commercialise their intellectual property rights without exposing their business to undue risk.
- Advised a prominent English Wine Group on a £4.3 million fundraising and restructuring project involving a complex series of interlinking transactions and an issue of 25 million shares on the ISDX market.
- Support a number of clients with a wide variety of commercial agreements. Our lawyers are skilled in providing succinct, strategic and commercial advice in relation to such agreements including those at all levels of the supply chain whether suppliers, importers, exporters or supermarket chains. The benefit that we can bring to these contracting processes is that we understand the language that is used and we are familiar with the type of issues that generally apply.