Our experience of prenuptial & postnuptial agreements
We have advised on a broad range of both prenuptial and postnuptial agreements. Most recently:
- We prepared a prenuptial agreement for a self-made entrepreneur who who was about to enter into his second marriage and wanted to safeguard his 85% company shareholding.
- We advised an English lawyer, who was resident in Japan and due to get married in Japan, on the English law aspects of the pre-nuptial agreement he was entering into in Japan.
- We acted for a client who wished to protect her future inheritance. Her wealth at the time of the agreement was £10 million, however she stood to receive significantly more wealth throughout the marriage.
- We acted for a husband in relation to a post-nuptial agreement and successfully negotiated a fair and reasonable division of the assets in circumstances where the husband and wife were uncertain whether the marriage would continue, and required the protection of an agreement in order to avoid lengthy and costly court proceedings if the relationship did break down.
- In recent months we have also advised a number of clients in relation to nuptial agreements involving assets or connections with Europe and the Far East.