Our experience of powers of attorney
- Considering cross border issues about whether powers of attorney will be effective in different jurisdictions and assisting with the lodging of powers of attorney with foreign institutions including notarisation.
- Advising on the sale of jointly held property where one co-owner has lost capacity, having appointed an attorney to act on their behalf.
- Dealing with registration of EPAs where the donor has lost or is losing capacity to deal with their financial affairs including where the original EPA has been lost.
- Advising on the procedure for revocation of out of date EPAs and LPAs and disclaimer of attorneyship following divorce.
- Applications to appoint replacement attorneys when the main attorney is no longer able to act.