Our experience of supporting the elderly
- Providing a range of management services for elderly clients, their families and carers covering a wide range of areas eg organising property repairs and maintenance.
- Assisting attorneys and deputies with backup when they are away on holiday or on business by liaising with carers, healthcare workers and local authorities.
- Cripps Trust Corporation is often appointed as an attorney or deputy, either on its own or jointly with family members to put in place someone responsible for dealing with financial management.
- Advising spouses where one is losing capacity, including restructuring of their will to protect their assets from assessment for means tested benefits.
- Advising on care fee funding and assisting in discussions with local authorities as well as dealing with appeals against decisions about funding.
- Arranging for assessment of mental capacity by independent experts.