Our experience of creating trusts
- Advising a wealthy client on how to create a disabled person’s trust for the benefit of her nephew. This avoided a substantial lifetime charge to inheritance tax without adversely affecting the disabled beneficiary’s entitlement to receive benefits.
- Advising a wealthy client with concerns about a child’s financial stability and potential marriage difficulties on how to set up a trust. The child and grandchildren were able to receive a benefit but the client retained control.
- Making use of the potential inheritance tax saving available by creating a succession of family trusts every seven years.
- Established education trusts for grandchildren of numerous clients, as part of our wealth management strategy and planning services.
- Advising and implementing the establishment of 24 pilot trusts in relation to a SIPP in the context of the overall wealth of the client.