Legal services for housing associations
We understand the unique needs, pressures and challenges that housing associations face. We can help you navigate these complex issues and provide commercially focused legal advice.
Increasingly the housing sector needs to adopt and operate as a commercial entity. At Cripps, we provide commercial solutions and practical advice.
We act for multiple housing associations and recognise the importance of delivering a quality service, fully understanding the sector’s overall objectives, commitments and values.
How we can help
Our multidisciplinary team work with both small and large housing associations, and tailor our service to your specific needs. We advise on:
- Freehold and leasehold acquisitions and disposals
- Multiple unit stock transfer purchases/sales
- Housing management assistance, including licences to assign, new leases and surrenders
- Integrated advice with our property litigation team for rent and service charge recovery and disputes, possession proceedings and injunctions
- Deeds of easements and deeds of covenant
- Options, development agreements and site acquisitions
- Grant funding and portfolio charging
- Section 106, planning and highway agreements
- Property and land dispute resolution