I am a partner in the residential estates team which supports landlords and leaseholders in their residential property matters. I specialise in leasehold enfranchisement including any associated disputes.
I have a particular focus on complex leasehold enfranchisement claims; this includes lease extensions, collective claims of large blocks and house claims. In addition, I have experience of tenants’ rights of first refusal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987.
I also advise developers on how to avoid the risk of enfranchisement at the design and build stage of a development.
I am listed as highly commended in the 2022 Enfranchisement and Right to Manage Awards in the Solicitor of the Year category.
Areas of expertise:
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Claims and disputes (collective claims, lease extensions and house claims)
- Tenants’ rights of first refusal (Landlord and Tenant Act 1987)
- Tribunal and court proceedings (including Court of Appeal)
- Residential leasehold management advice (including complex licences to alter)
- Residential asset management
- Building Safety Act
Qualifications and memberships
- Qualified in September 2010
- Member of the Association of Enfranchisement Practitioners
- Member of the Property Litigation Association
Acted for the leaseholders in proceedings to collectively acquire their freehold where the landlord was missing, including court proceedings and tribunal application.
Involved in devising strategies to acquire the freehold of buildings within the confines of the enfranchisement legislation, often involving innovative corporate and leasehold structures.
Advised a developer landlord at the design and build stage of a mixed use development on the potential enfranchisement risk, providing strategic advice on how to avoid a future claim.
Acting for major landed estates in London responding to their leaseholders’ lease extension claims and claims to acquire the freehold of their house or block of flats.