I’m a partner in the commercial team, specialising in technology, privacy and AI laws and regulations. I also work on complex outsourcing projects and contract negotiations.
I am one of only 20 solicitors to hold Accredited IT Lawyer status with the Society for Computers and Law and one of only 13 lawyers to sit on the Thomson Reuters Practical Law data protection consultation board. I am retained by some of the UK’s largest corporations and household names, providing advice on the trickiest legal topics of the day which are often business critical or relevant to technological growth or innovation.
I am also an experienced public speaker and regularly present to large audiences on topics that I love. I frequently comment on tech and privacy law and have been featured in the BBC News, City AM and, most regularly, The Times.
Areas of expertise:
- Advising on development and deployment of AI in business critical systems
- Planning and delivering legal projects for development of emerging software and technology solutions including preparation of strategy documents, risk assessments and contract terms
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating complex outsourcing and IT contracts, often with or on behalf of financial services or technology businesses
- Preparing international data transfer agreements and risk assessments
- Conducting data protection audits for FTSE entities
- Advising on complex data breaches.
Qualifications and memberships
- Qualified in December 2008
- Accredited SCL IT Lawyer
- Practical Law Data Protection Consultation Board