Protecting your reputation
Businesses and individuals can work for years to build a reputation but it can be damaged within minutes by one defamatory statement. In today’s increasingly digital world the impact of this is further magnified as it can spread far more rapidly and has the potential to reach a very large audience.
Defamatory statements, whether in writing (libel) or verbal (slander), can not only cause significant financial loss, but also unnecessary distress and embarrassment. When such statements are made, it’s important that you seek legal advice to minimise the overall impact.
Our expert defamation team are experienced in advising both individuals and businesses in respect of libel, slander and harassment claims. If you are interested in finding out more about how we can help, and our fixed price review for defamation and harassment, click here.
We will work with you to help you to understand the merits of a claim, then guide you through the complexities of UK defamation law. If action is required, we can pursue opponents under the Pre-action Protocol for Defamation and then through court proceedings, if required. If defamatory statements are published online, we can assist with ‘Notice and Take Down’ letters to ISPs (website hosts) and reporting offensive content on social media platforms.
Talk to us about
- Sending/responding to a Letter of Claim under the Pre-action Protocol for Defamation.
- Advice on strategy with regard to tackling online defamation, particularly on social media.
- Issuing a Notice and Take Down letter to ISPs
- Advice on seeking a remedy under the Protection from Harassment Act 1997.
- Malicious Falsehood; trade mark; and copyright infringement claims.
- Family law disputes