I’m a partner in the private wealth team where I provide practical and straightforward advice in order to navigate my clients through complex legal areas.
I advise individuals, trustees, attorneys and executors on a wide range of matters.
My advice is always clear and jargon-free, so as to help my clients understand their options and achieve their objectives in a timely manner.
I have a particular specialism in the law around mental capacity, including planning to avoid potential issues arising from a loss of capacity as well as managing those issues where they have arisen.
Areas of expertise:
- Estate and succession planning
- Inheritance tax
- Formation and administration of trusts
- Powers of attorney
- Advice on care fee planning and funding applications
- Court of Protection applications
- General management of financial affairs
- Administration of Estates
Qualifications and memberships
- Qualified in September 2011
- STEP Diploma in Trusts and Estates (England & Wales)
- Member of the STEP Mental Capacity Special Interest Group
Advised an attorney with regard to options to settle a trust using the funds of an incapacitated family member.
Advised the majority shareholder of a valuable technology company on estate and tax planning following a diagnosis of a terminal illness.
Advised a family following the death of one parent and the loss of capacity of another on a large and complex multi-jurisdictional estate.
Advised on the advantages of a Disabled Person’s Trust for a large settlement for a vulnerable child and dealt with the formation of the trust.